IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19 AND YOUR ACCESS TO THESE PREMISES
All persons entering this premises acknowledge that they do so at their own risk. In the interests of protecting all visitors, we ask that you do not enter the premises if you:
· have travelled internationally in the last 14 days,
· have been in close contact with a person who has travelled internationally in the last 14 days,
· have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 and not recovered,
· within the previous 72 hours, experienced flu like symptoms, or
· have been advised by a public health authority to self-isolate or quarantine.
· The Australian Government recommends downloading the COVIDSafe app to speed up contacting people exposed to coronavirus (COVID-19).
· To learn more about the COVIDSafe app go to:
While we are taking steps to protect the safety and wellbeing of our guests and our staff, COVID-19 is highly contagious and, as with any enclosed space, there is a risk of you being exposed to the disease when you enter the premises.
By entering these premises, you acknowledge that you are voluntarily assuming all risks related to your exposure to COVID-19 and that Scottys Cinemas:
· does not provide any representations or warranties as to the safety of the premises in relation to COVID-19,
· does not accept any responsibility to you, or any third party, in the event that you or a third party contracts COVID-19 as a result of you entering these premises, and
· to the extent possible under law, otherwise excludes all liability in relation to your exposure to COVID-19 when on the premises.
Conditions of Entry
Scottys Cinemas would like everyone visiting our cinemas to enjoy their visit and reminds you that the issue of a cinema ticket and subsequent access to the cinema are subject to these terms. Please read them carefully.
Your behaviour in our cinemas can affect the safety and wellbeing of our staff and our other guests. It can also affect the security of our property, and the property of our staff and guests.
1. We are required to refuse admission to a film performance to anyone who in the opinion of our staff is below or appears to be below the minimum age required by the relevant classification of Australian Classification or local authority. Proof of age may be required by us.
2. Where a movie is Classified as R18+, persons who have not attained the age of 18 years on or before the date of the session will not be admitted. Photo ID is required when purchasing tickets and must be produced when entering the auditorium or at any time during the screening if requested by a staff member, a member of the Police, a staff member of the NSW Department of Community Services or any other person deemed by the shift supervisor to be entitled to require it. The shift supervisor has absolute discretion to determine whether or not a form of photo ID is acceptable as identification of the individual concerned. If a person gains admission to a movie classified R18+ and is later deemed not to be eligible to remain in the cinema no refund will be given.
3. MA 15+ rated movies contain strong content which is legally restricted to people over the age of 15. It contains elements such as sex scenes and drug use that could have a strong impact on the viewer. Where a movie is Classified as MA15+, persons who have not attained the age of 15 years on or before the date of the session will not be admitted unless accompanied by a parent or adult guardian at all times when they are inside the cinema auditorium. If the parent/guardian leaves the auditorium for any reason, then the child must also leave the auditorium. Should the parent/guardian leave the building for any reason the child will be removed from the cinema. The shift supervisor has absolute discretion to contact parents, the Police of the Department of Community Services. For those aged 15 or over, photo ID is required when purchasing tickets and must be produced when entering the auditorium or at any time during the screening if requested by a staff member, a member of the Police, a staff member of the NSW Department of Community Services or any other person deemed by the shift supervisor to be entitled to require it. The shift supervisor has absolute discretion to determine whether or not a form of photo ID is acceptable as identification of the individual concerned. If a person gains admission to a movie classified R18+ and is later deemed not to be eligible to remain in the cinema no refund will be given.
4. Children unaccompanied by an adult may not be admitted after certain times depending upon local licensing conditions.
5. Scotty’s Cinemas reserves the right to refuse admission to, or to require anyone to leave the premises who:-
· might be a risk to the safety of others;
· appears to be intoxicated and/or is behaving in an antisocial way, including being aggressive, abusive, intimidating or threatening or behaving in a way which may cause distress to our staff or other guests;
· is smoking cigarettes or other substances on the premises
· engages in any type of criminal behaviour or causes damage to our premises, property, staff or other guests; and/or
· brings cameras or recording equipment into the auditoria (and we reserve the right to carry out random bag checks). It is an offence to make a recording of a film for sale or to distribute or communicate a recording to the public in the course of business and to otherwise infringe the rights of the copyright owner.
CCTV may be in operation for the purposes of crime prevention and public safety.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF TICKET PURCHASE
1. Tickets to the screenings and events at Scotty’s Cinemas are provided by Scotty’s Cinemas Pty Ltd ABN 95 125 528 743.
2. These terms, together with our other Conditions of Entry and notices elsewhere on our website and our premises (Terms) govern the conditions of ticket purchase and attendance.
3. By purchasing a ticket to a screening on our website (or as otherwise made available by us) you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Sale of Tickets
4. The sale of tickets (and if applicable, 3D glasses) is subject to availability. Your order is an offer to purchase from us and we retain the discretion to refuse your order. If we accept your order, we will display a confirmation page at the end of the booking process. We will also send to you an e-mail confirmation of your completed order, for your information. Once you have made a purchase online you will be issued with a confirmation number which you need to redeem the items on the receipt. In order to do this, you must bring that number with you when you come to the cinema. It is extremely important that you have your receipt number with you in order to redeem the items.
When you book your ticket, you have the option of choosing your seat. We reserve the right to change your seat(s) to the next best seat available should we not be able to allocate a seat in the area you nominate for any valid reason as determined by us.
5. The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment in our cinemas is strictly prohibited. Your right to attend our premises will be subject to our Conditions of Entry.
6. You must not resell or offer for resale any tickets at a premium.
7. The price of a ticket (and if applicable, 3D glasses) will be as displayed on the website during the booking process.
8. A ticket booking fee will apply to all tickets purchased via the website as displayed on the website during the booking process.
9. If you are redeeming a gift card, redeeming a complimentary pass or booking a seat for an accompanying carer using a valid Companion Card, you are unable to use our online purchasing facility. These sales need to be presented to the cashier at the cinema. We do NOT give refunds for tickets booked online if you present any of the above after you have purchased your ticket online.
10. Payment can be made by any method specified in the booking process.
11. All stated prices include GST.
12. Please note that if a pricing error occurs, we are not under an obligation to provide the ticket(s) or 3D glasses to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after the confirmation page has been displayed and the confirmation email has been sent to you, if such a pricing error is obvious and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mistake. Alternatively, we will honour the advertised pricing. Price and availability information is subject to change.
Amendments to these terms
13. We reserve the right to add to or amend these Terms from time to time. Amendments will take effect when posted on our website. If you purchase a ticket via the website after any amendment to these Terms, you agree to be bound by the updated version of these Terms.
14. We will always try to ensure that screenings take place in accordance with the advertised programme. However, we may sometimes have to cancel a performance, vary the time of a screening or substitute an alternative film because of circumstances beyond our control. We will try and let you know beforehand if this happens. Tickets purchased for cancelled screenings will be exchanged upon request.
Refund or cancellation of tickets
15. Unless otherwise expressly stated elsewhere on the website, or at our discretion, to the extent allowed by law, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded unless we fail to comply with our obligations to you.
16. Should a screening be interrupted due to equipment problems, temporary interruptions to power supply including through weather events or any other cause it is at the discretion of the shift supervisor to offer free tickets to customers affected. Should the interruption be for a period greater than 60 minutes then the offer will include the provision of a refund which will be paid within 7 days. Cash refunds will never be given for Credit Card or Eftpos purchases.
How you can contact us
17. Our customer service number is 02 49 877 333 You can contact us by calling this number, or by emailing us via our “contact us” page at www.scottyscinemas.com.au or by writing to us at this address: Scotty’s Cinemas Pty Ltd. PO Box 212, Branxton. NSW. 2335.
19. To the extent allowed by law, our liability to you under these Terms, is limited to the ticket price paid by you.
20. The laws applicable in NSW govern these Terms. The parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NSW and any courts competent to hear appeals from those courts.
21. If any clause or part of any clause is in any way unenforceable, invalid or illegal, it is to be read down so as to be enforceable, valid and legal. If this is not possible, the clause (or where possible, the offending part) is to be severed from these Terms without affecting the enforceability, validity or legality of the remaining clauses (or parts of those clauses) which will continue in full force and effect.